California’s Franchise Tax Board announced yesterday that they disabled registration for “MyFTB,” the online interactive FTB system, until 2016.
Beginning July 23, 2015, we disabled the ability to register for a MyFTB account while we enhance the registration process. This also impacts the ability to register for CalFile and Web Pay for Businesses. We will reactivate online registration in January 2016 when we launch our enhanced version of MyFTB…
The following services do not require registration and are still available to practitioners or their clients:
- Check refund status.
- Web Pay for Individuals (non-registered version).
- Pay by credit card.
- Apply for an installment agreement.
- Use Live Chat.
- Calculate their tax.
- Take Head of Household self test.
- Ask a tax question by e-mail.
- Get an e-mail reminder to file/make estimate payments.
- Use subscription services.
- Access MYCOD account.
- Report tax fraud.
- Get an entity status letter.
- File 199N e-post card.
If you are not already registered with MyFTB, you will need to call the FTB in order to obtain your information.