Payroll Tax Companies & Registration of Tax Professionals

The IRS came out with a FAQ on the new regulations of tax professionals. Among the nuggets on the FAQ is that payroll tax companies will have to register (though they may not have to take the competency exam) and that California CTEC practitioners will have to take the new exam. It also appears that California isn’t going to be dropping the CTEC requirements, so tax practitioners who are not CPAs, EAs, or attorneys in California will have dual requirements.

Hat Tip: Roth Tax Updates


Comments are closed.